Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Basic Spaghetti Sauce

I feel a little silly posting a recipe for spaghetti sauce, but Jesse loves spaghetti - in fact it is the one dish that he will ask for (I don't get it either) but now that it is Elly's favourite too I have been searching for a recipe that I really like. After reviewing a bunch of the recipe's posted on all recipe.com I decided to make my own and this is what I came up with.

Basic Spaghetti Sauce

Ingredients:
1lb ground beef
1 onion
1/2 bell pepper (color of choice)
4 cloves of garlic
1 Tbsp basil
1/2 tsp oregano
1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
salt and pepper to taste
1 28oz can diced tomatoes
1 14oz can tomato sauce

Directions:
In a large pot cook ground beef, drain fat and transfer to another bowl. In the same large pot cook finely diced onions and bell pepper until tender; add garlic and seasoning and cook for another minute. Add cooked ground beef tomato sauce tomatoes and sugar and simmer for 2-3 hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment