Friday, July 2, 2010

Bestest Chocolate Chip Cookies


These cookies really are the best cookies I have ever eaten or made. I thought I had a great recipe for cookies but I will never go back to another recipe again and I am sure that neither will you after you make these.

I like to switch up the kids of chips that I put in. My favorite is half milk and half white but this last time I did milk chocolate, white chocolate and butterscotch chips.

Ingredients

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (or 1 cup milk chocolate and 1 cup white chocolate chips)

Directions

1. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.

3. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. (This step is best but not always necessary)
4. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.

5. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

Recipe adapted from Jenny Moon and All recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment