Friday, August 13, 2010

Marshmallow Crunch Brownie Bars

I love peanut butter and chocolate, it is my favourite combination so whenever I see any dessert that calls for both I feel like I need to make it and this recipe is no exception. I think that I will use a richer brownie recipe next time but I was in a hurry and just wanted to use one of my old favorites from my mom. But either way these were very yummy.


Marshmallow Crunch Brownie Bars

Brownie Base Ingredients:
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt (omit if using salted butter)
4 Tbsp cocoa

For the topping:
1 (10 1.2 ounce) bag of mini marshmallows
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1 Tablespoon unsalted butter 1½ cups Rice Krispies cereal

Directions:
In a bowl sift together your flour, salt and cocoa. Using the paddle attachment of your mixer cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Then add your eggs one at a time scrapping down sides of the bowl as needed. Add vanilla. Add flour mixture all at once and mix until just incorporated. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the corner of of the pan comes out with moist crumbs. Remove the brownies from the oven and immediately sprinkle the marshmallows over them. Return the pan to the oven for 3 more minutes. Meanwhile, place the milk chocolate chips, peanut butter, and tablespoon of butter in a medium saucepan. Melt over low heat, stirring constantly, until completely melted (this can also be done in a microwave). Remove from heat, add the Rice Krispies and mix well. Allow to cool for 3 minutes. Spread the mixture evenly over the marshmallow layer. Refrigerate until chilled before cutting.

Recipe from Brown Eyed Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment